Monday, July 28, 2008

I took the car for a wash after lunch thinking that would be the light time of the day. Turned out there were atleast 10 more cars lined up before me. Since this was the hand wash and a line operation , I decided to wait up , hoping it won't be too long. When my car was being vacuumed, a whiff of stink alarmed me that there was code yellow (as my husband and I call it when Neev goes number two). I realized that diaper bag was in the car and the car was yet to be soaped, rinsed, dried and waxed . Did'nt I know better what is expected after lunch ....I asked myself and then wondered if I could survive the aromatherapy for another 20-25 minutes. I hoped for it not be a volcano and decided to sit in the lounge (sitting outside at 1 PM with no shade was simply not an option) which was already packed with people, people buying magazines, snacks, coffee, paying for gas and wash, people working on their notebooks, black berries, people bantering on their cellphones, people waiting for their cars to be washed...........Meanwhile Neev was getting uncomfortable . Avi decided to come to his rescue by entertaining him and as he came to bury his head in Neev's tummy to tickle him, he turned away and said as loudly as he could 'Yuck mommy, Neev has gone lot of poo-poo and it smells so bad'. From the corner of my eyes I could feel everyone's glances . Some people probably smiled too on Avi's blooper  (those must have been parents). Not sure what I wanted to do with all the attention ,all I said to Avi was,'yes , let's go , change him' and we left. Sometimes that's all you can do (and later blog about it :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny how even in the most yuckiest of situations we can still find something to laugh about...gotta love kids :-)

Richa K said...

Oh..!!!! Happens with me everytime I'm in middle of my shopping n Vihaan starts..Mommy - pee pee aa rahi hai, I ask him to wait..n after 5 mins..he starts Mommy I want to go potty..huh..one look at Anish...I can't clean him after potty, all he says.
Finally I've to abandon my shopping n look for a washroom..!!!

Unknown said...

haha, that was really funny.