Sunday, August 10, 2008

Subah hoti hai, Shaam hoti hai, Zindagi yoon hi tamam hoti hai !

Every morning the Sun rises and every evening it sets ! Just yesterday it shone on my face when I stepped out to reach for the bicycle to hurry to school . I closed my eyes to feel the warmth of morning sun..................... I don't know if I liked the dancing tantalizing patterns of colors against the sunlight and behind my eyelids or I simply wanted to savor the tingling of warm effulgence on my skin....................seems like I took a long journey of that experience (s) because when I opened my eyes, a long time had passed me by, a long long time. My bicycle was not there. I wasn't at the same place. I wasn't going to school. Suddenly --wham!-- I realized it was not a few moments which just passed me, it was a decade or more.......................I looked around - a lot had changed , I went to find a mirror and when I did, I took a good long gaze. I looked dissimilar to me and I felt differently towards...................everything in general. No, I did not go in a coma, I lived my odyssey up close, some moments so fresh and close to my senses, they could still scintillate my mind. I felt humbled by the radiance and the glow the sunshine bestowed on me all this time. I blossomed in it . All this so wonderful.............................so why do I feel melancholic ? Perhaps because literally all of it was just blink of an eye, poetically because so many seasons have passed and of some I might have missed the fickle............not knowing what I missed was delight or disappointment but it doesn't matter..........the point is I might have missed it. I will never know it. I know time will not stop, nor would it slow its pace and shorten the passage but when I close my eyes this time, would it be too much to ask that my fare not be a flash ?
                       -From a piece I am writing. More to come in following posts , just bear with me if it takes longer, as you know with 2 kids the only time I get for myself is night and on most of them my thinking cap can only go so far as to 'would Avi be bored with waffles or cereal if that's the breakfast choice I give him next morning (4 days in a row)' :)

No comments: