Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hair Cut

Ok, so everyone has had a bad hair day or a week or so. In my case it had been a bad hair phase for quite some time now. Frizzy hair, no shape hair, untamed hair, tousled hair, rumpled hair, ruffled hair...............find the synonym of these in thesaurus and chances are I've lived with it all ..and wait till you say 'who hasn't' because in my case every day has been a bad hair day for last few weeks. So I decided to do something about it. I decided to cut it short, a really really short bob. I've had very short hair style before and then for some time layers and then they they just grew out ......no style for the longest time. Grass is always greener on the other side so with long hair I felt that the short is the cutest chic thing and with short hair I felt that long hair is so feminine and beautiful and you can do much with them....and anyone who has been back and forth between the 2 styles knows how frustrating the in-between phase can be when your hair are neither short nor long .......... hence the long wait for me to decide what I wanted. When I set my mind for a short one, I made appointment with a fancy Salon (Studio C). When I first came to States, I went to JC Penny salon and after that its been Super cuts or Great clips.This time neither one of them were going to do it.  I wanted a drastic change and I wanted a lil fuss over my hair. Besides , I haven't had a hair cut in a year and my locks (a very apt description of my hair as they looked completely so)totally deserved pampering (Hello....think about saving money for four cuts in Great clips in a year and then add some .............don't you agree it was in order). So yesterday I went to Studio C and the hair consultant (as they call themselves) went over a couple of books with me and I picked a style which I thought was great . She thought it was cute but wanted to check the texture of my hair (I think) and decided to shampoo and condition my hair before the cut (I already did that at home but who was I to complain if someone was going to run fingers thru' my hair and bathe them). So I changed and let her do her thing. I almost felt asleep listening to music while my crown was getting a bubble bath with warm water and her fingers were massaging conditioner on my scalp. Heavenly I tell you...............You will understand when the only treatment your hair receive is being pulled by your one year old or if he is not doing it, there are many situations when you feel like pulling them yourself. Back to the pampering - my hair were wrapped in a warm towel and I was stationed to get the cut. I was offered wine/tea/coffee (I thought even crossing legs caused angle change of head during a cut  , how was I supposed to hold a wine glass and not mess up the symmetry). Anyways, she ran her fingers thru' my hair again , gently shaking them, looked at the style I had chosen, divided my hair in four sections and looked at the style again. This time may be she thought differently because she took the clippers out and did the sectioning again. The cut finally began and I could not wait to see all that hair gone. After the cut she blow dried and put some Aveda paste to give my style textured look just the way in the book. I liked what I saw and then I left. When I looked at the watch in the car, it had been more than 2 hours at the salon. My cellphone had 3 missed calls from home. I called Anurag back and the only thing he said, 'just come home'. 

When I reached home, he certainly did not have the reaction I had hoped. Turns out he had been through very bad 3 hours. Avi had a stomach ache and he would not stop crying for me. Neev obviously was very empathetic to his big brother and gave him company thru' out. Anurag was like 'how long does it take to get a hair cut and why won't you answer your cellphone (I did not hear it since it was buried at the bottom of my over sized purse. A dose of Mylicon, lots of caressing of tummy and a dozen book later Avi felt better and dozed off. Finally Anurag took notice of my hair and nodded - a good one after a long time. I told him,'glad you noticed, next week I am going to get some highlights done and usually coloring takes longer than the cuts'. You should have seen his expression - priceless.

I love my hair right now, its just that I am going to wear only dresses (and earrings if I can get Neev to be interested in something more fascinating while carrying him) to offset the look I have above my shoulders.  Those of you who are curious to see my new style, wait until I get the highlights ...........I am really going next week :)

4 comments:

Himagauri said...

neels.. sounds cool.. where is the pic?? i cant wait ...
i knw how it is when u r stuck in a salon, trying to relax and enjoy every moment of that royal pampering (u pay thru ur nose for it, anyways) but constatly one thing plays on ur mind - hoope everything at home is well...

Sujay Nigudkar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richa K said...

Can't wait to see your new look..??
Pics...pls.

Experience..very well narrated..!!!

Neelu Pandey said...

Soon guys.....I am going to post it soon ...keep reading ..its great to see your comments