Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July weekend

We celebrated 4th of july with friends and Indian Picnic Dinner at Turtle Rock Park. Avi had a great time with friends and getting dirty in sand . Neev enjoyed watching his friend Tanisha toddling and they had some great swinging time together. I brought a huge flask of 'chai' to picnic which was a hit (none was left at the end) and if my friends are reading this - I'd be very glad to bring it the next time ...so let's meet up again :)

Later in the evening, we watched the fireworks from Sandhya and Charan's place and it was a very decent show in exchange for finding the parking one mile away, walking with 2 kids and worst, the return rush. We beat it all and enjoyed the lights sitting on couches. 

Next 2 days, we played soccer , went to the pool and had a family movie night. All else was good fun except the movie night. I was so excited about it and we all went to blockbuster to rent one movie for each of us. My pick was 'Enchanted'. Some of it was my over expectation from the movie and some of it was the buddy time Avi and Neev started having, and some of it was Anurag's "I told you it wasn't going to be great shakes' kinda commentary that I was left not so enchanted.  But the rest of the week - well, close ! 

No comments: