Thursday, July 24, 2008

Highlights

So this is the sequel to the story of haircut. As planned, I did go for the highlights last week. I told Anurag that my haircut post got the most comments so far (3 ???? my friends, if you are reading my blog , I love to hear from you so please add comments and keep adding) and my blog fans are looking forward to read my highlights story and he should not disappoint them. Anurag could reason with me but was not ready to argue with my fans so he graciously agreed to watch the kids while I discussed the shades, tones, pigments , heavy/light weave-in and other analytics of highlights with my color consultant at Studio C (They better send me a gift card or make my next trip complementary .... I can't seem to mention them). Since my hair cut is so short now , it was difficult to get highlights on the sides or back so I chose to put some red on my crown and bangs and color rest of my hair black - close to my natural color. Sitting there, I did think of going wild with purple and pink but a glance on my cellphone screen ,which has pictures of my kids (this time I put my cellphone right in front of me ) quickly reminded me that I could not pull that off. In that moment I also decided to go deep red from bright red. I sipped some tea while my consultant went off to mix some volumes of these shades. After spending a few minutes under processor my foil flowered head was ready to rock and roll. Finally when it was washed and dried, I could not tell if I had any highlights at all . Pretty sure that they were there somewhere I tried to tell myself that I will be able to see it in daylight. So I checked my hair the first thing in the morning and surely I got 'em. My friends told me that it looks good. I think its ridiculous that I am even writing about the hair cut and highlights but actually it was a lot of fun and I totally enjoyed my time at the salon. I am trying to add the picture here (hopefully it will attach...I have not done this before...) so you can check the 'new me' out and people, please.............only positive comments :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the new look :-) Your salon story has happened to me a gazillion times, but i'm glad you got to go back and nothing major called you back home. Miss ya and can't wait to see the new you!!

Richa K said...

Can't see the pic ...Neels. Try uploading again..n mail me the pics..if possible.

Neelu Pandey said...

I miss you too Sue ! Will send you a picture.

Neelu Pandey said...

I will mail you the pic Rich :)

Unknown said...

Total sexy lady!!! I wish i could get away with a "do" like that. You look great!! I've been visiting her but not commenting but your work here is definately appreciated :-)

Unknown said...

there u go again,got us glued to read the second part of the "Haircut" episode...& now I cant wait to see u with your highlights...post the pic ASAP pls...I am sure they look teriffic on you..

Neelu Pandey said...

thanks for reading preeti ! I will send you the picture on your mail id. Love to hear from you guys.