Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Mamas and The Papas

I am not referring myself and Anurag to the title. It's actually a band from 60's .

When we moved to California, some friends asked us not to turn into Californians . I had no idea what they meant. I still have no idea what they meant. All I know that I love living here.

We have watched shows , movies depicting charm of this western land and heard about its glory and beauty in lot of songs. People aspiring to go to California, to make something out of their lives, to make their dreams come true. Anyways.......back to the band -Mamas and Papas gave this big hit 'California dreaming' in 1960's. Anurag and I love it - it has a bit of sad overtone , specially the flute playing in between. Don't know why but listening to it makes us feel somewhat ...............I don't know ....... I feel a bit reticent writing about it .

So here it is , the lyrics and the video (if it does not upload ,as you know I am having trouble with uploading pictures and videos,watch it on youtube). Chances are you will like it.

All the leaves are brown

And the sky is gray

I've been for a walk

On a winter's day

I'd be safe and warm

If I was in L.A.

California dreamin'

On such a winter's day

Stopped into a church

I passed along the way

Oh, I got down on my knees

And I pretend to pray

You know the preacher likes the cold 

He knows I'm gonna stay

California dreamin'

On such a winter's day

All the leaves are brown

And the sky is gray

I've been for a walk

On a winter's day


If I
didnt tell her

I could leave today

California dreamin'

On such a winter's day

(California
dreamin')

On such a winter's day

(California dreamin')

On such a winter's day





The mamas and the papas - California dreamin

1 comment:

Bohemian said...

This is a nice one. How old is your elder one? How to you do his teaching there? I mean do you have any good websites to share with me?
I am in France, and definitely have to work harder at teaching my 6 year old ! In English as well as French :(