Saturday, June 14, 2008

Wonderfully Chaotic

Yep, that the chaos can be wonderful, I only learnt from my children and it's become my favorite answer to the question I get from people ,'so how is it going with 2 little ones'. I say its wonderfully chaotic. I am sure all moms get it but for my own record some of it sounds like this -

When as a newborn , Neev needed a diaper change at midnight or in wee hours of the morning, he would cry. That would wake Avi up and he would cry too because he could not take his lil brother creating a ruckus. Not exactly knowing what to do when you have a house full of children's shrieks in the middle of night, Anurag and I would take charge of each one of them and exchange looks between us which said ,'its hard but we are blessed in ways we can only feel....and if it wakes the neighbors ...........well......so be it'.

When the situation reversed after a few months and while running in the park Avi fell and scraped his knee, it was his turn to cry in a pitch which would give an opera singer competition. But wait ..there was Neev, we did not need any singer. Scared by his big bro's crying, he immediately followed it. And this time I was alone and had nobody to exchange glance with, except for a few people staring and thinking God knows what. Rocking Neev on my knees ,consoling Avi and trying to find a bandage in my purse.........all of it at the same time.....well, nothing short of wonderful chaos.

Those hectic evenings when kids are tired & grumpy, house looks like it could win a makeover in parenting magazine's messiest living room to live contest, dinner is yet to be made and I realize that we are out of milk or something I needed to fix a quick meal................all wonderfully chaotic. 

I know that they will grow in a blink of an eye and then my heart will yearn for these adventurous little situations. Until then, I am just trying to live and enjoy my wonderful world of chaos. 

1 comment:

Himagauri said...

woooww.. neelu.. how well written.. i love this version of neelu completely... so much full of love, patience, giving and caring... love u dear..