Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hot...Hot....Hot weekend

We had some record high temperatures for June this past weekend. By 1.00 Pm the house felt like it would turn into a furnace soon so we cooled off by turning on air conditioning. Sitting all cooped up in a 2 bedroom apartment with its blinds and curtains drawn is not exactly a fun way of spending weekend for kids and for me. Earlier I had signed up for campfire at Adventure Playground but it did not seem like a great idea to be anywhere near fire in already so………sultry weather even if it meant the chance to eat s’mores. But I’d already told Avi about the activity so it was hard to throw water on his excitement of roasting marshmallows on open fire. Finally Mr. Golden Sun decided to call it a Day even though it seemed like the slowest pace ever , we decided to go for campfire. Since this was the only time we got out this weekend, I was hoping this would turn out to be our fun zing thing we look forward to doing all week. Sadly it wasn’t all that great and Avi, when asked if he had any fun, replied, a ‘little bit’. 
Highlight of my otherwise not so great weekend – when in the morning I accidently hurt the back of my foot from the fence gate , Avi quipped and said this whole sentence in one breath, “Oh Man, what a shame…I don’t want my mother to get hurt, now I have to call emergency just like the fire chief said, dial 911 if something happened to her”. I just looked at him and started laughing. He started laughing too and said, “looks like you’re not hurting any more Mommy”.

No comments: