Friday, May 2, 2008

A perfect day !

I heard about art of blogging on NPR on my way to playground with kids. I always believed in writing journals and kept some but it was supposed to be found after I was dead. Well, that's how I  thought and felt. After all, it contained my bare thoughts, feelings and I don't know if I ever wanted anyone to take a peek inside my head, heart and judge. So, it felt odd that people would keep online diaries, worst even that they would like others to read. But as I read more, I thought more and realized that blogging is a powerful tool to reach out to world or in my case to vent :) , if someone is listening. So here I am , for family, friends and anyone who cares to read. I plan on writing anything and everything. 

So here I go with my description of a perfect day I had with Avi and Neev. It was start of spring and one of those days which invited you to step out and check out your tiny existence in the giant universe. Kids had music class in Park's community center . It was a perfect mood setter so we headed to the park for a little stroll. Neev's love for ducks led us to pack some bread and as we were feeding the ducks,  for the first time I noticed the colors of green and blue on their necks. It wasn't beautiful beautiful , but they were shades of deep and something I never noticed on ducks before. I asked Avi if he wanted to play with other kids or go on the slides. Given his nature I knew he was going to opt for a walk with me but I made sure that I asked him first - may be he would surprise me one day. We started walking and crossed the wooden bridge over the water stream. Neev was howling in the stroller , ignoring the beauty of nature. It was his nap time. I took him out and rocked him gently hoping he would fall asleep and actually he did (as I said it was a perfect day). I put him back in his stroller, put the canopy over and covered with blanket for extra shade. We could hear the sound of water pouring into the stream and  it sounded like music patterns. Avi and I followed the sound and I showed him the water pipe from where the water was pouring. Avi is a nature's child, collecting pebbles, sticks, feathers and whatever catches his fancy outdoors. He was hooked and wanted to sit there and listen to 'water' . We listened to 'water' quietly until Avi caught butterflies flying and started running after them. I stood there watching him , his lean and long self jumping in excitement and I thought 'he is perfect'.............'this day is perfect'. I always liked this park but that day I loved it. I loved the manicured green pastures, the hills surrounding the park, trees and birches and the rainbow.

I put my sunglasses on Avi's eyes and asked him to look at the rainbow. He was happy and I was thrilled.

It was nothing I did but it was everything I wanted.

Neev woke up from his short nap . I picked him up and let him feel water, leaves and soil.
There was no one at that side of the park . It was just three of us, inhaling fresh air and savoring nature. I did not want this to end!  For some reason I felt lucky, humbled and proud - all at once.

It really was a perfect day!!

2 comments:

RashmiGaurav said...

Neels is enjoying motherhood, her experience in day to day life are so touching. I can feel her depth in understanding her children and helping them to cope up in world. Miss u all neels.........

Unknown said...

What a wonderful accomplishment! You have a wonderful way of describing all things beautiful.
You know we think of you often and now can share instant memories with you.

Lots of love from Terry Uncle and Margie Auntie