Sunday, May 25, 2008

Daddy, hold me tight !

Like a lot of other families, we have a family bed. Despite our efforts to make Neev sleep in his crib and Avi in his bed thru'  the night we still end up piling in the family bed. 

Neev's had cold and cough for past 3 days and he would not leave my arms. It was getting difficult to get any rest in the same bed with  Avi and Neev. Thankfully I was able to convince Avi to sleep in his own bed for two extra books . 

The next morning my husband told me that Avi climbed up to him in the middle of the night and whispered to him "Daddy hold me tight, I can't sleep". (I have to add that my sensible child did not come to Mommy knowing that his brother was sick and Mommy needed to take care of him). Daddy obliged happily and secured him in his arms until he fell asleep. 

We can't wait for our children to become independent, do everything by themselves and yet it feels great when once a while they run to our arms seeking comfort. I'd like to think we still have a few more years until Avi and Neev don't need to climb in our arms and say "hold me tight".

1 comment:

Kim said...

Way to go setting this up. Had dinner with Shanta last night and she told me about it. It will be fun to keep up. Thanks for sharing. Love Kim