Saturday, August 30, 2008

Avi and Dressing

It started couple of weeks back. My docile child (as far as dressing up goes/used to go) fired me from my job of being his stylist. Every morning he wants to select his outfit which basically means only orange T.Shirt with no. 5 on it or the thick cotton collared long sleeves dark blue striped shirt. If I don’t write the description I won’t get as much kick out of it 20 years later when my memory will be as old as I will be – well I’ll have pictures but then thanks to digital camera, it will be quite a work to locate just that one in the file which is packed with picture CD’s . I usually have about 15 shots of one pose to get that ‘perfect one’ and when I download them to camera, that perfect pose is usually scattered over all 15 of them. In some I have the perfect smile of theirs but the eyes are squinting and if the eyes are perfectly doe….eeish then that charming smile would be replaced by caricature kinds. It makes it hard to delete the rest of the 14. Result – I am sitting on record no. of pictures on CD’s which some day will be discovered by Aliens if we are invaded.

I do tend to digress from the topic of the post a lot. Getting back to it- I usually do 3-4 loads of laundry, mostly all of them the same day and Avi wanting to wear the same two shirts on rotation is throwing my perfectly good laundry schedule out of chart. I thought I could gross him out by telling him that both of his favorite T.Shirts are in the laundry basket probably wrapped with the same shirt on which Neev threw up his food (in my attempt to feed him more and not taking his cues of gagging on every extra bite I was so bent on getting in his little stomach – you think I will be smarter than that since not only he is my second child but also this seems to be a recurring episode on dinner table). Thankfully he did not insist on pulling the vomit covered shirt from the basket which could be an indication that he will not live in a pigsty way later when he moves to a dorm or something (At least I can comfort my heart for now). But what he insisted on was to only wear the robe until I washed and dried that shirt.

And it’s not just the shirt, its matching them with his choice of shorts or pants and shoes too. He is choosing brown shorts with his dark blue striped shirt. Despite my telling him that grey or black will look much better with that one, he wants only brown shorts (Some of it could be genetic since Anurag always needs my advice to co-ordinate colors of his shirts and trousers). It’s not the color combination which is driving me nuts but the weather suitability of his choice. He insists on putting on full sleeves and pants and sneakers when it’s around 80 degrees outside and all he needs is a light shirt, shorts and sandals. Thanks goodness all the sweaters, heavy jackets & boots are out of sight or he could be ready for snowboarding in August. Also it’s a good thing that despite living close to Hollywood we don’t have any style police in the neighborhood, just moms like me who don’t need an explanation for his very unique fashion sense.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

gr8 di, keep blogging. :)