Monday, July 13, 2009

Yosemite trip

Our trip to Yosemite National Park was awe-inspiring. Spread in 1200 square miles, this place needs to be revisited . Things we covered in this trip was El-Capitan, Bridalveil Fall and Yosemite Fall.
The nuances of the Valley form spectacular rock formations, for which Yosemite Valley is famous but rising more than 3,000 feet above the Valley floor, El-Capitan is the largest monolith of granite in the world. Its more than a rock , a strength that you feel when you are around it.
Avi and I enjoyed the water play in Yosemite lower falls. Laying on the warm rocks with my feet dipped in cold water felt like getting a hot -stone massage. Avi loved throwing the pebbles in the falls. Outside the falls , he pretended to hunt the bears in the caves (lots of rocks around lower falls forming cave like structures) and save 'Mommy' from them. Neev did what he always loves, copying his big brother and chasing him all over.

The trip reminded me of my 19th birthday party at Pearl Valley, Bangalore . A bunch of us went on motorbikes , about 2 hrs from Bangalore and had a blast at water falls. And yep, my friends carried the cake and chole-bhature on bikes. Fond memories......

Like all natural settings , being there felt so relaxing. Gazing up from the Valley floor we appreciated the enormity of it all. Hope to go back sometime again.

4 comments:

Himagauri said...

ohhhhh neels... i too remember that.. i hv a picture of urs rite under the waterfall... i show those pics to lavanya too... and then we all dancing - kamar ke latke-zatke... cutting the cake while completely soaked in water ... oh god, did it ever happen or i am only imagining?

Neelu Pandey said...

I agree even though it did happen, it seems like things and events from another life time. I see teenagers doing fun stuff and remind myself I did get to live that phase how much ever LO.....NG ago:)

Richa K said...

Share the pics ladies!!

Kiska b'day tha Gauri? Was it Neels and Rekha? Its more than a decade we completed our formal education...n now my memory cells are weakening..:))!!

Neelu Pandey said...

swwetie it was my birthday party :) Have pics in India but to refresh your memory, we rode on bikes to Pearl Valley, got drenched under waterfalls, you guys smeared cake on my face and then we had a 'chole bhature feast. Kuch yaad aaya....