Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunny & Musical Sunday

Feeling quite accomplished after finally spreading the mulch in the lawn, cleaning the garage and vacuuming two cars, all in a 92 degree hot day. Naturally a reward was in order and it turned out to be a music video evening at home with our Harmon Kardon surround sound system. Gotta love my hubby for setting it up few years ago. The choice of the music today was an hour long sound track of 'Lord of the rings' , another medley of it performed by Lindsey Stirling, sound track of Star Wars, movie trailers of 'Man of Steel' and Gregorian's 'Unforgiven'. If you are wondering, in my family I am a minority and hence the chic flick sort of material never gets played on family nights :) Our 8 years old has a way of surprising us and the latest one is his memory of all the sound tracks with different scenes in trilogy of 'Lord of the rings' . I have to say, I quite enjoyed myself watching my boys listening to the music and saying things like , 'oh that's a shire song', 'that's when Smeagol found the ring', 'that's when Aragorn was leading the army'. Avi has finished reading 'Lord of the rings' , watched the trilogy 2 times , has done 'Star Wars' marathon session with his Dad last summer and recently checked out the latest 'Star Wars Ultimate visual Guide' from the library which weighs a ton. I don't know which term is more respectful 'Nerd' or 'Geek' but I know I have one in making already (following into his Dad's footsteps). I am not the one complaining, in fact I am quite a fan of "Big Bang Theory's" boys :)

We finished the session with Anurag's favorite 'Unforgiven' by Gregorian. Its originally done by Mettalica but Anurag loves this version. After you get over the trance and struggle to figure out the lyrics, you realize its pretty deep. The chorus goes like this -
What I've felt
What I've known
Never shined through in what I've shown
Never be
Never see
Won't see what might have been
What I've felt
What I've known
Never shined through in what I've shown
Never free
Never me
So I dub thee UNFORGIVEN

Give it a listen, its not something you might enjoy the first time but like a lot of things we come to love, it grows on you !

No comments: