Thursday, August 16, 2012

Neev's graduation from pre-K

At the end of the invitation for Neev's Pre-K graduation ceremony it read - don't forget the tissues, hopefully there won't be a dry eye in the room . Was that a helpful tip or what ?

My youngest graduated today from Pre-K . Looking charming as ever in his white shirt and maroon bow tie, he proudly received his folded certificate tied with a ribbon. Ms. Sonia and Ms. Sandy cheered along with others. There were hugs, hand-shakes, high-fives and good-byes. I watched my baby with already wet and crumpled tissue in my grip. Just when the weight of it was feeling unbearable, he ran to me and threw his arms around my neck, burying his face into my nape , murmuring, 'I love you Mama'. In that moment my world which was getting shaded by his growing self , suddenly brightened up. He became my needy,clingy little boy again. Or may be he could see how much I needed for him to be needy - still !

He will start kindergarten in fall, to embark on an independent journey , to learn, to have new experiences and to face the interesting world as it unfolds in front of him.   I am glad I have entire summer for transition ( yes , I need it more than Neev !)

No comments: