Sunday, August 16, 2009

Laughter is the best medicine

This Sunday, we went to watch Indian Independence day parade in Fremont. As we were waiting on the street, someone dressed as a bear or a dog (the costume was really confusing) handed out candies to the children. On our way back home, Neev was recalling the event and practicing his vocabulary. He got stuck at the candy part and started asking whether it was bear or dog who handed out the treats. After listening to Neev's bear or dog question for 5 minutes Avi got really irritated and said, 'we don't know if it was bear or dog so lets just call him a man, okay !'



The day before was Janmashtami and we went to Livermore temple where the community organized a grand celebration. While waiting in the line for Krishna Darshan, I explained to Neev that we were there to celebrate Bhagwan Ji's birthday. His response, 'where's cake?'



Upon returning from the temple, Anurag changed Neev's favorite nursery rhymes CD to Celtic Women . Neev is used to getting his way with choice of music in the car .Usually it's better to just listen to 'I am not a baby anymore' , 'hello everybody so glad to see you' and 'hickory dickory dock' than listening to his do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti pitch of shrieking but that night Anurag was just not ready to suffer through 'ta-ra-ra-boom- de-ay' for the filiionth time (First I have to explain this Fillion word .One day we were talking about numbers and Avi asked me what's the highest one. I said, ummm..........trillion.......may be gazillion . He asked, isn't any number higher than that. I said no. He said, yes there is , its Fillion ! So folks, if there is ever need for counting after trillion, gazillion, its the term Fillion and for patenting purpose I declare its my son who coined it :) . Back to our music story -Anurag told Neev in a rather straight and firm voice that Daddy likes this music and he just has to learn to enjoy it. Anurag finished the sentence with 'daddy likes it'. Immediately and together Avi and I said, 'me too'. Neev thought for 5 seconds and then said, 'me three'. For few minutes, there was a burst of laughter in the car instead of music and then we enjoyed 'we're floating in the air' and other songs by Celtic women for the rest of the trip.

1 comment:

Nupur said...

That is so cute of ur kids to join u guys with "me 2 and me 3". I cant wait Ariv to start some intelligent talking :)..